Date(s) - 05/30/2019 - 05/31/2019
300 Kent Street, Holland College – Prince of Wales Campus
Charlottetown , PEI
Note: Registrants are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements.
Holland College Residence (Glendenning Hall, 331 Grafton Street, Charlottetown) will be holding rooms for guests attending the 2019 Spring Meeting at a rate of $79 (plus taxes).
To make your reservation, please call or e-mail:
Telephone: 902-367-7702 (if phoning, please contact between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
Rooms are being held until May 17, 2019.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in Charlottetown for the AAPPA Spring Business meeting May 30 -31. According to our By-laws, the terms of two members of the AAPPA Executive come to an end this year are:
- Vice-President for Technology/Secretary
- Vice-President for Membership/Treasurer
Marina Clayton-Theriault is re-offering as the Vice-President for Membership/Treasurer for another term. Bruce MacNeil is not re-offering as Vice-President for Technology/Secretary but will assist the new VP in the transition as needed.
I am sending this email to ask for any volunteers/nominations for these positions.
As usual, a vote will be held at the Spring Business meeting to elect members to these positions, so any other volunteers/nominations are welcome. As Past-President of AAPPA, I will be overseeing the elections. Please let me know by May 15, 2019 via email if you have any other names for consideration.
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Centre for Applied Sciences & Technology 300 Kent Street, – Room 224
- 12:30 – 12:40 Welcome & Introductions
- 12:40 – 2:00 AAPPA Business Meeting
- 2:00 – 2:15 Nutrition Break
- 2:15 – 3:00 AAPPA Business Meeting
- 3:00 – 4:30 Round Table Discussions
- A. The Win Column: sharing strategies or updates on an initiative(s) that has/will create positive change at your institution.
- B. Current Challenges facing Facilities Management, either emerging issues or existing challenges
- C. Open Floor (as time permits)
- 4:45 – 5:20 Florence Simmons Performance Hall Tour & Performance
- 6:30 – 8:30 Dinner – Red Water Rustic Grill 123 Grafton Street https://Redwatergrille.com
- 8:45 pm Post Dinner Event (Optional) – Hopyard 151 Kent Street https://hopyard.ca/charlottetown
Friday, May 31, 2019
Centre for Applied Sciences & Technology
- 8:00 – 9:00 Hot Breakfast – Room 232B
- 9:00 – 10:20 Education Session #1 – Room 229 Legal Issues Facing Facilities Management (Stewart McKelvey)
- 10:20 – 10:40 Nutrition Break – CAST Boardroom
- 10:40 – 12:00 Education Session #2 – Room 229 Holland College School Safety 10 Years Later … Lessons Learned.
- 12:00 pm Departure (Bag Lunch provided) – CAST Boardroom
Bookings are closed for this event.