AAPPA Fall Conference Training – November 5, 6 & 7, 2018
Preparations are well underway for the 2018 AAPPA Fall Professional Development Conference.
In addition to the fall conference this year, AAPPA is pleased to be offering Leadership Academy (Level 2). The training will take place over 3 days from Monday, November 5th to Thursday, November 8th in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Leadership Academy will start on Monday at noon and finish at noon on Thursday, November 8th and will link up to our fall conference which will start at noon on the same day. The conference promises to be a great learning opportunity for all of our members.
Why Leadership Track II ?
Level II: Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
Effective managers use interpersonal and team skills to motivate, communicate, and inspire those around them. This Level focuses on understanding the dynamics of working together, successful ways to handle conflicts, and processes that can be used to support successful team efforts. Level II will help you hone the skills needed to make you not only an effective leader, but also an effective manager.
• Increase awareness and knowledge of how to use the MBTI to enhance your communication.
• Understand how to negotiate a group process and monitor its implementation.
• Learn methods for effectively managing conflict.
• Master strategies for handling and communicating with difficult people.
• Determine when teamwork is appropriate and beneficial.
• Discover specific processes for successful involvement of all team members.
Please mark these very important dates on your calendar!!!
More information will be available soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director Facilities Management