ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
A member in good standing is one who meets all the provisions of Article III. The organization is to be divided into two classes of members; (1) members possessing voting rights and (2) members without voting rights. The designation of each class of members and the qualifications and rights of the members of each class are as follows:
Voting members shall consist of:
- Institutions of higher education, who are members of APPA and are located in the following political subdivisions of Canada: New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island. The Member Institution shall maintain the position of a principal administrator in direct charge of the physical facilities of such institution. The Member Institution shall designate a regular full-time employee to be the Institutional Voting Representative to ERAPPA and AAPPA. Each Institutional Voting Representative may designate a qualified proxy voter in his/her absence.
- Systems of institutions of higher education, which shall meet any additional criteria as may be prescribed in the organization’s bylaws, each of which shall be composed of institutions which qualify under Article III, B.1, hereof and which supervises the principal administrators in direct charge of the physical facilities or buildings and grounds of the institutions within such system. Such Principal Administrator is entitled to hold office in AAPPA.
- Associate members shall be nonvoting members of the organization who shall be physical facilities professional, administrative or supervisory personnel employed at member institutions of higher education or systems thereof, who shall meet any additional criteria as may be prescribed in the organization’s bylaws. Such Associate Member is entitled to hold office in AAPPA.
- Affiliate members shall be nonvoting and shall consist of nonprofit institutions and organizations, including governmental or quasi-governmental agencies, or the professional individuals directly employed by the same, engaged in work related to physical facilities administration and having an interest in the purpose of and activities of AAPPA.
- Business Partners shall be nonvoting individuals, organizations, manufacturers, or suppliers of goods and services operating for profit and ascribing to the policies and purposes of AAPPA and wishing to support the activities of AAPPA, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Election to this category of membership shall not be construed as endorsement, actual or implied by AAPPA.
- Emeritus members shall be nonvoting members. Emeritus status may be granted by the Board of Directors to any member who upon retirement has demonstrated significant interest and support of AAPPA.
A member institution or system is entitled to one vote and one vote only in conducting the business of AAPPA. That vote will be cast by the Institutional Representative. If the Institutional Representative is unable to attend a business meeting of AAPPA, the designated alternate Institutional Representative in attendance may cast the vote. Associate, Affiliate, Emeritus and Business Partners do not have voting rights.
Annual dues or assessments may be necessary to carry out the purposes of the AAPPA as indicated in Article-II, and which have been approved by the majority of voting members in attendance at the business meeting, voting in accordance with Article III, B., shall be assessed against each member institution, affiliate member and business partner.
Section F (Is this required)
Members shall be dropped from the individual membership roles if their institution ceases to be a member of APPA, or upon change in membership qualifications as defined under Article III.
Section G (Is this required)
Members who have been dropped from the individual membership roles may be reinstated after due investigation, payment of such assessments as may be applicable, and fulfillment of all preceding prerequisites.